Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Non-Airline Forums > Private Flying
Reload this Page >

Where could CABAIR PPL videos be found?

Wikiposts
Search
Private Flying LAA/BMAA/BGA/BPA The sheer pleasure of flight.

Search this Thread

Old 13th Dec 2019, 23:38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After running across and watching few CABAIR PPL videos
I instantly fell in love with the presentation and teaching style and I'd love to watch them all. It seems that the school bankrupted a long time ago, any ideas where could videos be found?
Old 14th Dec 2019, 10:06

Location: Down at the sharp pointy end, where all the weather is made.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow! A blast from the past! 'Captain' David Hoy, a great communicator. He did my RT practical test at Denham in 1982. For all its faults (many and varied) Cabair produced some great material, including cassettes. I bought the one on night flying, again featuring David Hoy, which was helpful when I did my night rating in the mid-'80's. The aircraft in the video, G-NODY, we had on the fleet at Denham shortly before Cabiar folded. I used to 'bag' it for Trial Lessons because although by then (2007) it was very tired, it still handled brilliantly - like a sports car to fly compared with the PA28s we had on the fleet.

TOO
Old 14th Dec 2019, 17:51

Originally Posted by TheOddOne
Wow! A blast from the past! 'Captain' David Hoy, a great communicator. He did my RT practical test at Denham in 1982. For all its faults (many and varied) Cabair produced some great material, including cassettes. I bought the one on night flying, again featuring David Hoy, which was helpful when I did my night rating in the mid-'80's. The aircraft in the video, G-NODY, we had on the fleet at Denham shortly before Cabiar folded. I used to 'bag' it for Trial Lessons because although by then (2007) it was very tired, it still handled brilliantly - like a sports car to fly compared with the PA28s we had on the fleet.

TOO
Thanks for sharing this interesting piece of information. We're making progress - found out the the captain's name!
Old 15th Dec 2019, 07:52