Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Fragrant Harbour
Reload this Page >

Global health insurance

Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

Global health insurance

Old 18th Dec 2019, 02:13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Global health insurance

Which private global health insurance do u have and what are the premiums? I am an Expat living in hongkong with hk residency. Also looking for insurance for my spouse and kids over 18.
Any leads would be greatly helpful
Old 18th Dec 2019, 09:11

I use Cigna but only for IPD(hospitalisation only),not the cheapest but worldwide coverage and includes 180 days in home country.Have not included USA except for emergency treatment if on hols there.Coverge 1 million Us$ per year per person.I have a 1500 deductible.Cost depends on age of entry.They have a website which will give you a quote.Cheers
Many brokers and companies out there,however i deal directly with Cigna.
Old 18th Dec 2019, 09:27

Originally Posted by courseitsfixed
I use Cigna but only for IPD(hospitalisation only),not the cheapest but worldwide coverage and includes 180 days in home country.Have not included USA except for emergency treatment if on hols there.Coverge 1 million Us$ per year per person.I have a 1500 deductible.Cost depends on age of entry.They have a website which will give you a quote.Cheers
Many brokers and companies out there,however i deal directly with Cigna.
Thanks for ur reply, shall look into cigna
Old 18th Dec 2019, 14:56

I used ALC Global Health Insurance for a few years, they are based in the UK but have global policies. I gave up on them because they got too expensive for me, but they might work for you. If you're a member of Baymac (global professional pilot's group) they have various types of insurance available including a couple of different medical options.
Old 18th Dec 2019, 15:06

I got quotes from a number of health providers , one thing to watch out for is a lot of these providers will no longer cover you when you reach a more advanced age Then you are forced to find another provider which can prove problematic .
i am with Cigna gold, worldwide coverage excluding the USA hospital plan only . This gives you 21 days emergency treatment in the USA if you are there on vacation . In all my dealings with them they have been fantastic very quick to respond to queries . I would have no hesitation recommending them they are not the cheapest but they are not significantly more expensive and do not have age limits so you can establish your relationship with them now and continue when you leave CX