Passengers & SLF (Self Loading Freight) If you are regularly a passenger on any airline then why not post your questions here?

Air France IFE?

Old 21st Dec 2019, 10:51

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Air France IFE?

I've got an Air France long haul flight coming up, and they keep sending me emails telling me to download their app so that I can access the IFE.

Does this mean that as I don't have a smartphone I won't be able to access the IFE?
Old 21st Dec 2019, 11:00

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't think so, unless things have changed recently. My last experience with fair chance was about 8 months ago, Paris to Amsterdam. The IFE, such as it was, was the usual screen and headphone socket. I didn't see anything that interested me.
Might be different depending on route and type, though. I just take my Kindle.
Old 22nd Dec 2019, 09:25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We recently took a WestJet flight to Canada and the only way to access the IFE was via their mobile app - there was nothing in the way of ‘back of seat’ IFE as the hardware simply wasn’t installed. Perhaps Air France are beginning to take a similar approach? If so, it is essential to download the app before you get on the aircraft - otherwise you have to buy Wi-fi access on the aircraft, then download the app, then use the free IFE app which you have just paid to get Wi-fi access to download!

So, in the absence of any other info I would definitely recommend you download their IFE app to your mobile and tablet of choice before getting on the aircraft. If you find the aircraft you eventually get on does have conventional hardware IFE you have lost nothing and can just delete the app after you return if you don’t want it.
Old 29th Dec 2019, 07:19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or, just bring a book to read!