Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Fragrant Harbour
Reload this Page >

Do I have this right?

Wikiposts
Search
Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

Do I have this right?

Search this Thread

Old 16th Jan 2020, 15:21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I have this right?

Ok, let me see if I have this right:

CX load factor and revenue supposedly continue to be down.

CX needs a certain number of employees to take unpaid leave and/or work on reduced rosters to alleviate some of the financial burden.

CX is packaging these reduced rosters as "lifestyle" rosters and is "selling" them to the flight crew in exchange for part of their leave and housing allowance?

In short, they need your help and want you to pay serious penalties to help them?

Am I missing something here?

Last edited by Amber Vibes; 16th Jan 2020 at 15:44.
Old 16th Jan 2020, 15:23

Originally Posted by Amber Vibes

CX needs a certain number of employees to take unpaid leave and/or work on reduced rosters to alleviate some of the financial burden.

CX is packaging these reduced rosters as "lifestyle" rosters and is "selling" them to the flight crew in exchange for part of their leave and housing allowance?

In short, they need your help and want you to pay serious penalties to help them?
Classic bait and switch, at least we know Oxford is teaching used car salesmen 101 these days.
Old 16th Jan 2020, 18:16

Suckers

Originally Posted by Amber Vibes

Am I missing something here?
Nope, you got it.... What they're saying is WE screwed up, would you and your family please take the hit. Then we'll be good till the next time we screw up and come back to screw you again !
This as the Swire Group advertise for company "chauffeurs".....

#CXit

Old 16th Jan 2020, 18:36

The bigger problem is there’s a plethora of pilots here who will actually fall for it. Willingly.
Old 16th Jan 2020, 21:07

Well, as long as you are willing to accept the "type" of pilot that entails. Apparently CX has no problem with the underlying facts of that issue. Won't - end - well.