Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Freight Dogs
Reload this Page >

Captain Locked In ?

Wikiposts
Search
Freight Dogs Finally a forum for those midnight prowler types who utilise the unglamorous parts of airports that many of us never get to see. Freight Dogs is for pilots and crew who operate mostly without SLF.

Captain Locked In ?

Search this Thread

Old 29th Jan 2020, 08:20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Locked In ?

(Not sure which forum this query should go in.)
Does anyone know whether there is any truth in the apocryphal story about the captain of a cargo 744F going down to the cargo deck during the cruise to have a look at the Sheikh's new Bugatti.
He opened the (unlocked) door, got in and closed the door.
The security system then locked the door again and he was unable to reopen it.
Please make it true
What happened next ?
Or is it just an urban (airborne?) myth?
Thanks
Old 29th Jan 2020, 10:31

There was an incident like that for sure i know. Very famous cargo airline operating 744s globally. The other guy declared incapacitation emergency and landed. I don't know if you are talking about that incident, although that has happened many years ago around 10 years ago.
Old 30th Jan 2020, 09:39

Thanks! Any incident of that nature would be great! Can you name names (or PM me?)
Old 31st Jan 2020, 08:18

Even if i knew names and in this case i dont know the names of the crew honestly, i wouldnt share them. There is no reason for that. Especially 10 years later. I am not sure if there is have been another incident like that. Although many pilots (including me) have been inside some pretty exotic vehicles but during loading and on ground. Once i ve been inside a brand new huracan and i ve realised how uncomfortable seat that was!