Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Ground & Other Ops Forums > ATC Issues
Reload this Page >

Latest salary package for ATCOs in Gulf especially in Bahrain year 2020

ATC Issues A place where pilots may enter the 'lions den' that is Air Traffic Control in complete safety and find out the answers to all those obscure topics which you always wanted to know the answer to but were afraid to ask.

Old 2nd Feb 2020, 18:44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, I am moving to Bahrain shortly as an ATCO (Procedural military controlling). The offered package is around 1000 BHD (App $ 2700) with free food , accommodation (single) status and free medical with single return air ticket annually, Is it a fair package? need your professional opinions and suggestions. thanks
Old 3rd Feb 2020, 14:42

ATCOs in Bahrain don't get paid anything as low as that, otherwise no expat would move.
Old 3rd Feb 2020, 17:25

Well thats my actual concern also....In fact I have just completed my Airforce service and recently retired. At the age of 50,,,want to utilize my energies and experience in an international environment. I have been given a job opportunity in Bahraini defence forces as an ATCO in uniform equivant to their Captain rank. Family is allowed with increase of just 250 BHD but in that case I have bear expences of Food and accomodation myself. No other allowance is admissible as per Rec Agency. Howe ever, final contract is yet to be signed. Is it possible that after completion of initial contract of 2 years one can join Civil aviation Bahrain with better package? or this package is ok for military traffic controlling?
Your views please
Old 4th Feb 2020, 06:03

Originally Posted by Mister Geezer
ATCOs in Bahrain don't get paid anything as low as that, otherwise no expat would move.
I think you're confusing a typical package for an expat civil controller at the ACC with what the OP is going to be doing (also as an expat).
Old 4th Feb 2020, 07:41

Originally Posted by Red Dragon
I think you're confusing a typical package for an expat civil controller at the ACC with what the OP is going to be doing (also as an expat).
What is a typical package? Can you please tell