Wikiposts
Search
Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

CAA - UK - License Validity

Search this Thread

Old 24th Mar 2020, 16:42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAA - UK - License Validity

Hi Guys,

I have my MEIR expiring in May, does anyone know whether there will be any sort of prorogation from the CAA UK part? I find it difficult that our lives will be anywhere close to normal in the next months, therefore revalidating/renewing licenses will be virtually impossible.
Old 24th Mar 2020, 17:41

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Take a look at this thread. Good luck!
Old 26th Mar 2020, 21:16

Originally Posted by Highflyerp
I am in a similar situation, I have a type rating slot booked but if that doesn’t go ahead then I will have to revalidate my IR, which is surprisingly hard to do on a lockdown.

The CAA have issued ORS4 No.1354.

Upon reading I perceive that I can extend my medical but not my IR as I am currently not employed by the airline, can anyone shed light on this?
Good luck with your TR slot. I had my Loganair Assessment Sim cx & now they are even looking at salary reductions to avoid redundancies (source: own website).. Additionally they will only take on Flybe crews or ATR Type Rated crew. My MEIR expires July & August respectively but I am not going to pay one more pound into this industry other than what is required to keep instructing. Too many add on courses - APS MCC AUPRT. Jeez.
Old 7th Apr 2020, 20:58

ORSA 1374 issued today should cover you until 22/11/2020

https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalap...detail&id=9560

n.b. The requirement to have a briefing from an appropriately qualified instructor to keep it current.