Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Military Aviation
Reload this Page >

Fairey Swordfish check

Wikiposts
Search
Military Aviation A forum for the professionals who fly military hardware. Also for the backroom boys and girls who support the flying and maintain the equipment, and without whom nothing would ever leave the ground. All armies, navies and air forces of the world equally welcome here.

Fairey Swordfish check

Search this Thread

Old 13th Apr 2020, 09:52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fairey Swordfish check

Info needed to check something I've read in a (cheap) novel... anyone know the pre-start checks and Vital Actions for a Swordfish ? Any mark will do.
Thanks !
Old 13th Apr 2020, 14:59

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Try here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/l3k...#6kv3abzaidre5
Old 16th Apr 2020, 09:51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by India Four Two
That's brilliant, many thanks !!
Old 16th Apr 2020, 10:34

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rsuggitt
Info needed to check something I've read in a (cheap) novel... anyone know the pre-start checks and Vital Actions for a Swordfish ? Any mark will do.
Thanks !
In the war while at sea, a trip to the bar before launching on a mission would be a pre-start check/Vital Action I'd have thought!

Over the years, met a sadly dwindling no of them at Annual Reunions at HMS Daedalus where they (in their 80s and 90s) could out-drink us youngsters into oblivion.

Not content with that, they'd then reappear at breakfast a few hours later where us "Young 'Uns" were nursing killer hangovers, greeting us with things like "Boody good night last night! What time does the Bar open at lunchtime? Will we see you there?"!!!

RIP to all those wonderful, brave guys. You want legends? Just look to Stringbag crews on active service at sea! Awesome!

H 'n' H