Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Fragrant Harbour
Reload this Page >

A330 F At Air HK

Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

A330 F At Air HK

Old 26th Apr 2020, 13:55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A330 F At Air HK

I count 3 A330 F at AHK. Did not know that had happened. Any info on this from any of the folks over at AHK?
Old 26th Apr 2020, 14:02

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Apollo19
I count 3 A330 F at AHK. Did not know that had happened. Any info on this from any of the folks over at AHK?
They’ve replaced the A300’s, which were getting on a bit. ( think A300 B4 without the FE) and probably not RNP compliant in some airspace. So had
to go. For various licensing reasons a second iteration of ASL was involved in the initial training. I assume that’s been dealt with and should be all in house.
I suspect that wish they had 20 more of them; and 10 777F’s whilst they’re at it.
Old 4th May 2020, 15:17

The third A330 has not yet been transferred over to AHK's AOC but is being operated by ASL for AHK. There is a 4th A330 currently being inducted in Dresden. Though not sure when this will be redelivered (particularly with lockdown in Germany). Maybe others have info on the operation.
Old 9th Jun 2020, 22:39

According to multiple air cargo/freighter news outlets, EFW has completed the conversion of its fourth A330-300F (777, ex-China Eastern Airlines) and redelivered the aircraft to DHL Express.