Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Flying Instructors & Examiners
Reload this Page >

EASA Type rating Skill Test

Flying Instructors & Examiners A place for instructors to communicate with one another because some of them get a bit tired of the attitude that instructing is the lowest form of aviation, as seems to prevail on some of the other forums!

Old 24th Jul 2020, 04:29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning!

If I hold simultaneously ICAO Kazakhstan ATPL and EASA ATPL (both with Embraer type rating), is it allowed to endorse both licensees with new Airbus type rating at the same one skill test?

So, I do fly in Kazakhstan by ICAO Kazakhstan license, but I also keeping valid EASA license. And my company decided to send me to Airbus fleet. Now we have some discussion, that it is not allowed to sign two licenses per one skill test.

Where can I find info on how many licenses may be endorsed per one skill test?
Old 24th Jul 2020, 07:03

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
I think it'll be tricky - the Examiner would need to have both TRE certificates and the SIM would need to be approved by both authorities, plus whoever's paying for it would probably need to be on board...
Old 24th Jul 2020, 14:58

Originally Posted by rudestuff
I think it'll be tricky - the Examiner would need to have both TRE certificates and the SIM would need to be approved by both authorities, plus whoever's paying for it would probably need to be on board...
yep, sim and instructor are approved by both authorities
Old 24th Jul 2020, 15:06

The two issues that need to be separated are:
  1. does the same session qualify
  2. can the examiner sign the license
For the session to qualify, either the examiner would need to be qualified in both jurisdictions, or the NAA being helpful, and accepting the 'foreign' form. Some more helpful than others, and some put a limitation on the rating (eg A6 only) - but it keeps a current rating on the 'front' of your EASA license.

Even if the check 'qualifies', the examiner may not be permitted to sign. The (separate) forms may need to submitted to, and endorsed by the NAA... for which there may be a fee.

Finally on the matter of who’s paying for the SIM: it shouldn't matter, especially if the content of the check is exactly the same, but it might... depending on employer.

In summary, it can work, but will vary with every circumstance of pilot, examiner, SIM approval & NAA.

Good luck, and please share the winning combinations!