Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies)
Reload this Page >

L3 Harris closing Coventry from September

Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

L3 Harris closing Coventry from September

Old 12th Aug 2020, 15:08
PFD
Ground instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face L3 Harris closing Coventry from September

Just found out from a good friend who works at Coventry that all ground training there will cease mid September. All training will now be in lovely Gatwick, good luck with that.
Old 12th Aug 2020, 16:06

Such a shame. L3 (or CTC as it was known) in Southampton by all accounts had a rather variable reputation when it came to ground school. Coventry was a little gem. Really, it was CTC/L3 in name only but still ProPilot underneath. There were some great instructors there. I doubt many will move down to Gatwick.

Old 12th Aug 2020, 16:39
PFD
Ground instructor

As far as I'm aware, they are all surplus to requirements, the Southampton instructors filled the Gatwick posts. Yes Coventry was where we taught bloody well. We got many an ex Southampton student through their exams, by actually teaching them.
Old 13th Aug 2020, 06:29

Very sad - Coventry was a great place to instruct at, especially back in the ProPilot & the early CTC days. L3 Coventry was a very different animal than L3 Southampton, we actually had windows you could see out over the runway! I 'retired' 18 months ago when it was obvious in which direction they (L3) were going. Wishing my former colleagues all the best.

Does this also mean the CAA exam centre will be closing too? if so could be interesting getting exam slots after September.