Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner) If you're not a professional pilot but want to discuss issues about the job, this is the best place to loiter. You won't be moved on by 'security' and there'll be plenty of experts to answer any questions.

Highland Airports on TV

Old 28th Aug 2020, 21:19

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Highland Airports on TV

There's a surprisingly well-done series called Puirt-adhair/Highland Airports on BBC Alba at 20.30 on Wednesdays. It covers activities at several Scottish airports and a gliding club and, best of all, has no presenter in vision, so no irritating emphasis on prepositions and pointless waving about of hands to distract the viewer. Obviously aimed at a lay audience, but doesn't treat us as imbeciles and pepper the programme with 'comic' interludes. Worth a watch, I thought.
Old 29th Aug 2020, 06:37

Received 196 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Buster11
There's a surprisingly well-done series called Puirt-adhair/Highland Airports on BBC Alba at 20.30 on Wednesdays. It covers activities at several Scottish airports and a gliding club and, best of all, has no presenter in vision, so no irritating emphasis on prepositions and pointless waving about of hands to distract the viewer. Obviously aimed at a lay audience, but doesn't treat us as imbeciles and pepper the programme with 'comic' interludes. Worth a watch, I thought.
Most episodes of Series 2 still, or about to be, available on iPlayer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b095vx57
Old 29th Aug 2020, 12:01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An excellent series filmed in English, narrated in Gaelic and then subtitled in English again. Good use of my license fee BBC! Still a good series though.
Old 29th Aug 2020, 16:06

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by The Flying Stool
An excellent series filmed in English, narrated in Gaelic and then subtitled in English again. Good use of my license fee BBC! Still a good series though.
They pay the licence in the Gaeltacht too!!