Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Fragrant Harbour
Reload this Page >

Roster Publication Date

Wikiposts
Search
Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

Roster Publication Date

Search this Thread

Old 18th Aug 2022, 17:28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roster Publication Date

Cx Publishing rosters on 22nd has got to stop. This has gone on long enough.

Not only do we have to use up leave for quarantine hotels but we don’t get to know far enough in advanced if we can even book hotels due to late roster publication!

Make them stop this blatant transgression of ANO.

Write to the CAD.

enough is enough.
Old 18th Aug 2022, 17:46

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by SabrinaSenior
enough is enough.
Should post this on Yammer. Not that it will bring change anyway.

As the old saying goes; if you don’t like it, leave.
Old 18th Aug 2022, 18:32

“Write to the CAD”

Hate to burst your bubble, but CXi is the CAD
Old 19th Aug 2022, 06:56

It’s only taken you 2.5 years to notice the delayed rosters? Sounds like another 777 to$$er who’s been sat in hemingways the whole pandemic on full pay and suddenly being asked to work again.

The roster publication date wasn’t much of an issue was it when you had 31 G days to enjoy.
Old 19th Aug 2022, 09:03

Originally Posted by ToCatLady
It’s only taken you 2.5 years to notice the delayed rosters? Sounds like another 777 to$$er who’s been sat in hemingways the whole pandemic on full pay and suddenly being asked to work again.

The roster publication date wasn’t much of an issue was it when you had 31 G days to enjoy.
Prime example of how toxic the 747 fleet is.
Old 19th Aug 2022, 09:17

Those pilot hating managers love the flexibility a late roster gives them and they won't be giving it up.
Old 19th Aug 2022, 10:00

Haha! Lucky for you Hemingway’s is no more, I guess they’ll have to find somewhere else
Old 19th Aug 2022, 13:21

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SabrinaSenior
Cx Publishing rosters on 22nd has got to stop. This has gone on long enough.

Not only do we have to use up leave for quarantine hotels but we don’t get to know far enough in advanced if we can even book hotels due to late roster publication!

Make them stop this blatant transgression of ANO.

Write to the CAD.

enough is enough.
Are we talking masochism? This
is a requirement for CX now.

I’m not sure what the relevance of this post is?
Old 19th Aug 2022, 16:49

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Why Hemmingways? How about the 777 guys who have been in Europe, Oz or NZ on G days for the past two years AND on full pay, whilst some of us have done God knows how many days of MS with hundreds of PCR tests.
Old 19th Aug 2022, 22:14

Excellent.

Pilots slagging pilots for something that was out of their control.

That’s how we’ll affect change
Old 20th Aug 2022, 01:56

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by AQIS Boigu
Why Hemmingways? How about the 777 guys who have been in Europe, Oz or NZ on G days for the past two years AND on full pay, whilst some of us have done God knows how many days of MS with hundreds of PCR tests.
...and others lost their jobs despite being stood down on ZERO pay.
Old 20th Aug 2022, 04:46

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Wait... it's 2022 and people are still accepting the insane working conditions at CX? How on earth is anyone still putting up with that circus? And you're blaming other pilots for the fact you cant find another job in this market?

Thanks for the chuckle
Old 20th Aug 2022, 07:28

Originally Posted by HoldenCaufield
Excellent.

well let’s hear it, what’s your incredible solution?

we’re all ears..
Old 20th Aug 2022, 08:43

Originally Posted by Pedalz
Wait... it's 2022 and people are still accepting the insane working conditions at CX? How on earth is anyone still putting up with that circus? And you're blaming other pilots for the fact you cant find another job in this market?

Thanks for the chuckle
I don't know what you are talking about. Without a green card the job market is terrible.

Originally Posted by HoldenCaufield
Excellent.

Fully agree. Childish.
Old 20th Aug 2022, 09:17

Originally Posted by Frank W. Abagnale
Cathay lost 900 pilots on the seniority list at its peak within the last two years - considering turnover probably in excess of 1000.
Apparently the job market can't be too bad.

What I would describe as terrible though is the quality of life in Hong Kong since the start of COVID, especially for pilots and their families, with no end in sight.
Unless one believes in reincarnation staying in Hong Kong is a huge waste of precious life time and that time won't be coming back.
Summed it up perfectly. I’m more than happy to pay a bit extra in tax since it’s getting me out of HK.

Speaking of seniority, I was tracking a few names on the bottom of the seniority list from early 2020 and there’s a quite a few that have jumped over 1000 places in that time.

But COS18 is still very competitive
Old 20th Aug 2022, 10:55

Frank, we all know the situation in HK is terrible. We also all know that the money is less than before. I hence don't get your point. I was talking about the job market, and any other definition than "terrible" is a hard sell in my opinion. Nevertheless, some will leave anyway, and that's great. But, except for Piet of course, senior guys will suffer financially or risk unemployment. You can ask those who joined Longtail for the latter. For some this sacrifice and risk is not acceptable, for whatever reasons. I don't think you intend to belittle those who are in this unpleasant situation, but it could come across as if, wouldn't I know your usually more sensitive remarks in here.

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 20th Aug 2022 at 12:00.
Old 20th Aug 2022, 11:36

Tell us you're a toxic POS without actually saying it.
Old 20th Aug 2022, 12:37

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I hence don't get your point
This is a common statement in all your responses STW.

Are you omitting the facts in your defence? You seem to deflect the reality in what’s happening.

You now seem content in defending those individuals who continue to endure COS 18 and HK. I think we know the reasons now, you don’t need to justify why these people live with this suffering.

Fragrant Harbor has become a forum where people will justify the insufferable conditions imposed on them.

It’s time to see what pilots value is outside of HK in different fields. Transferable skills is real, the problem is that pilot egos can’t deal with the removal of the title ‘pilot’

COS 18 and the lifestyle associated with it continue whilst people like you defend it.

Last edited by KABOY; 20th Aug 2022 at 12:54.
Old 20th Aug 2022, 13:35

I just said the situation is "terrible". To see that as "defending" Hong Kong or "omitting the facts" is absurd.

Additionally, as an adult, not so much as a kaBOY, one must make a decision by evaluating the alternatives, often bound by a number of responsibilities. One day you might understand. Or not.
Old 20th Aug 2022, 22:31

well let’s hear it, what’s your incredible solution?

we’re all ears..
Firstly, spewing random vitriolic comments at pilots doesn’t help anything. Nobody wants to be in this situation and there has always been a lot of empathy for people who were flying in ****ty conditions from those who were ‘on 31 G days’. So your anger is very much misplaced I believe. Plenty of the people on here were volunteers with the assistance group etc when they were not working.

As for a solution, this is the kind of thing the Union should be organising strike action for. This whole situation of working conditions is the biggest threat to mental health and aviation safety we have ever seen. We should all be standing up to the Gov and CX saying ‘No more of this’.

Now, I think we all know that will never happen as our Union is weak and the company will not support us beyond gentle words. So it’s up to you.

I’m talking to people at work, the stress and worry associated with all of this really makes people unfit to fly in my opinion. So take control and call in sick. Many aren’t earning about MPP anyway, so limit your work.

Stress leave and fatigue sign-off and return-to-works are being assisted by aviation doctors in HK. They very much understand and are more than happy to help, going above and beyond in this regard.

Plenty of people taking some very well earned time away from HK with their family in the UK, Aus and USA just now with long term sick.

I really don’t understand why more people aren’t doing this.

Sitting on here getting angry at one another doesn’t help anything.

Last edited by HoldenCaufield; 20th Aug 2022 at 23:58.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.