Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
Reload this Page >

Open Horizon Aviation - A320 Line training program (Pay to fly)

Wikiposts
Search
Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Open Horizon Aviation - A320 Line training program (Pay to fly)

Search this Thread

Old 4th Dec 2022, 08:09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Open Horizon Aviation - A320 Line training program (Pay to fly)

Hello all,

Does anyone have any experiance with Open Horizon Aviation as for thier type rating and pay to fly line training on A320?
I'd appriciate any onfo you have, there's not much info on thier website...
www open-horizon-aviation com/
thanks!
Old 4th Dec 2022, 11:23

Hello,
I don't have no experience with them but curious about the cost. Have they provided you with a quote? Are you already type rated?
Old 4th Dec 2022, 17:12

I'm not type rated, CPL/MEP/IR with UPRT, I have not spoken to them yet.
I'd like to hear from someone who was there personally, they write in the website that job is guaranteed, and would like to verify that.
The little I could gather is that they offer a 300h+type (around 50k euros) OR 500h + type (around 70k euros)

As the potential investment on my side is significant, I want as much info as possible before putting that kind of money....
They are also not disclosing the name of the airline in which the training will be done and that raises a red flag

P2f sucks, but I'm considering it.

Old 5th Dec 2022, 06:36

Originally Posted by Panprdel
I'd like to hear from someone who was there personally, they write in the website that job is guaranteed, and would like to verify that.
The little I could gather is that they offer a 300h+type (around 50k euros) OR 500h + type (around 70k euros)

As the potential investment on my side is significant, I want as much info as possible before putting that kind of money....
They are also not disclosing the name of the airline in which the training will be done and that raises a red flag

300h 50k and no salary?

You're better off with RYR's p2f cadet**** scam
Old 5th Dec 2022, 17:36

Thumbs down

Hello all,

Does anyone have any experiance with Open Horizon Aviation as for thier type rating and pay to fly line training on A320?
thanks!
As I understand, Open horizon aviation works solely with Trade Air airline providing p2f pilots for them
There are 2 options: 300h/500h.
You will fly a lot, but it's only to make you finish all your hours fast and kick you out to "make room" for a new p2f pilot.
If you are required for additional training all will be paid by you.
They have a couple of permanent F/Os that are also used as a reference for new candidates, just to show that they do offer a permanent contract after, and as I understand even they are not flying a lot.
They will promise you whatever you want, ask everything in writing before signing the contract!! especially if you want to get a permanent contract after!
The only way to continue flying is to buy more and more hours.
Just be very careful before signing anything and try to find another company that can give you a permanent contract after finishing your paid hours.

Last edited by Stjepa; 5th Dec 2022 at 18:29.
Old 5th Dec 2022, 17:37

No salary at all
Old 6th Dec 2022, 08:32

There has to be a reason you’re considering this steaming pile of manure? Do you not have right to work anywhere, somewhere RYR bases etc?

What’s your plan after? You’ve now got 500 hours and an A320 rating but no employment record, and a rating that’s going stale the second you get off the plane? Who on earth would want to hire you at that point?
Old 6th Dec 2022, 18:25

The TR will stay with you until it expires.
That's why you need to be sure to get permanent contract and not pay them for nothing.
Old 7th Dec 2022, 10:00

Good morning guys,

I would know information about your discussion.

What did you mean about permanent contract? So It's mandatory to have a permanent contract, even for only 1 years, for instance?

thx
Old 7th Dec 2022, 11:41

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts
Why not just wait and get a job that pays? P2F is for the unemployable. Do you really think a decent employer will touch you after you've been on a P2F scheme?
Old 7th Dec 2022, 17:14

Originally Posted by Falcon_net
Good morning guys,

What did you mean about permanent contract? So It's mandatory to have a permanent contract, even for only 1 years, for instance?

thx
when you spent 70,000 euros + expenses with the promise of the permanent contract with salary after your p2f program, and in the end you find yourself out of the company because they need to make room for the others P2F pilots..
those the "lucky" ones with salary, fly around 7 mounts in the year and without any salary when they are not flying.
so the search for the job starts again now you need to search for other company
Old 7th Dec 2022, 17:15

Originally Posted by Falcon_net
Good morning guys,

thx
Originally Posted by rudestuff
Why not just wait and get a job that pays? P2F is for the unemployable. Do you really think a decent employer will touch you after you've been on a P2F scheme?
yes, its much harder to find a "decent" company.
Old 8th Dec 2022, 01:09

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will they line train you or just let you do the walk around and the radios?
I've flown with some p2f graduates and it can be hard to justify letting them fly a leg with any challenge.
Old 8th Dec 2022, 06:21

Originally Posted by Consol
I've flown with some p2f graduates and it can be hard to justify letting them fly a leg with any challenge.
Don’t use the word graduates, degrades everyone else. They’re customers/victims dependent on how you feel
Old 8th Dec 2022, 10:46

I’m considering it because it’s a little harder for me to get employed in the EU, I have a permanent residency in a member state and basically can work and live everywhere within the union, the issue is that I’m less attractive for airlines due to lack of citizenship.

I went to Wizz assessment, gave it my best, passed, and then got screened out because of the passport issue, my explanations that it’s possible to live and work anywhere on the network were not enough. That was a real breaking point to fall to this kind technicality – after knowing I did good.

My plan is to find a company that will take me with the current situation, I’m willing to pay for TR, but p2f raises too many concerns for such a big investment.

After reading the comments to this post I’m not so inclined to finance this satanic practice of paying for work.
Old 8th Dec 2022, 18:02

Originally Posted by Consol
you can do more than that, but you paying a lot of money for that without any future in Open horizon aviation / Trade air
Old 8th Dec 2022, 18:25

Sorry to hear that, and i hope you will find a proper company soon.
If you have no choose, there is lots of p2f companies, try to choose one that will give you work after (not only promises) and will not treat you like second hand pilot like Open horizon aviation or trade air do.

Last edited by Stjepa; 9th Dec 2022 at 11:31.
Old 10th Oct 2023, 14:48

Hello all,

thanks!
Did you ever manage to get start the course? Any tips? Im considering it as well…any tips??
Old 11th Oct 2023, 07:20

I did an online chat with them back to 2021. Never started as the prices were too high, plus the hiring chances especially at that time were very low, contrarily to what they wanted to show.
Nowaday the situation is different, everyone is looking for pilots, and if you haven't been lucky to find anything, I would suggest you to consider a company where you can sign a contract before shelling out for a TR.
I think one of them is Smartlynx, but there are many others.
Or eventually do a TR yourself with half of the price and try to go to Avion on other desperate companies just to make your experience.
Old 11th Oct 2023, 09:15

Originally Posted by Hogos
I did an online chat with them back to 2021. Never started as the prices were too high, plus the hiring chances especially at that time were very low, contrarily to what they wanted to show.
Nowaday the situation is different, everyone is looking for pilots, and if you haven't been lucky to find anything, I would suggest you to consider a company where you can sign a contract before shelling out for a TR.
I think one of them is Smartlynx, but there are many others.
Or eventually do a TR yourself with half of the price and try to go to Avion on other desperate companies just to make your experience.
Unfortunately, I don’t have a European passport nor the right to work in Europe so for me it is very difficult. I’ll look into smart-lynx, see if they can sponsor a work visa…

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.