Wikiposts
Search
Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Disgusting Jetstar

Search this Thread

Old 21st Mar 2023, 10:25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disgusting Jetstar

I am DISGUSTED to see jetstar using the AFP to taser a man in Perth who just wanted to be seated with his infant and wife.
NO EXCUSES, Jetstar should have accommodated this man.
I don't care if they are worried about weight and balance, there is NO EXCUSE for separating a father from a new born.
All the dumb arse crew had to do to make it work was a seat swap with another passenger, or be fair and reasonable and re-calculate the W&B.
BUT NO ...... Jetstar megalomaniac crew in their complete lack of experience and professionalism and humanity, decided to call in the dogs and destroy this family with tasers.
PATHETIC JETSTAR. NO EXCUSES.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/bo...d-ae054bcf5767

Top Answer

21st Mar 2023, 11:59
chimbu warrior

Received 51 Likes on 19 Posts
Friends don't let friends fly Jetstar.
Old 21st Mar 2023, 11:03

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is anyone surprised?, welcome to Australia in 2023. He probably wasnt wearing the right mask or had the wrong papers so he "deserved" it !
Old 21st Mar 2023, 11:08

Received 169 Likes on 86 Posts
People do not get tasered for being model citizens. Likely more went on than what was shown on that short video clip.
The following 5 users liked this post by Capt Fathom:
Old 21st Mar 2023, 11:11

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Other punters on board said he did nothing wrong (other than the seat issue)
Old 21st Mar 2023, 11:13

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts
Er... Criminals get arrested, or isn't that how things happen these days?
Old 21st Mar 2023, 11:17

Received 48 Likes on 19 Posts
Yea, 3 hours apart from your family ain't going to be the end of it all. Get up, listen to the crew, sit where you are directed to. There is always a reason why they're asking you to move (even if you've done nothing wrong).
Old 21st Mar 2023, 11:40

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts
Jetstar issue

Perhaps Jet* should have said that it is important that a passenger assigned to a seat for take off and landing is on the passenger/seat manifest. If there is a prang they can know the details of passenger XX in seat YY. After take off then a seat rearrangement can be arranged.

I saw no mention of that by the cabin crew person. Did the cabin crew person know that?
Old 21st Mar 2023, 11:57

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by TimmyTee
Other punters on board said he did nothing wrong (other than the seat issue)
The passengers don’t know aviation law so can’t be the judge on whether or not this guy did something wrong, which he did. Firstly he failed to comply with the lawful directions of the cabin crew on what seat he needed to sit in. Secondly he failed to comply with the police’s instructions to come with them off the aircraft.

Passengers don’t run the cabin and don’t arrange their own seat swaps.

Originally Posted by runway16
Perhaps Jet* should have said that it is important that a passenger assigned to a seat for take off and landing is on the passenger/seat manifest. If there is a prang they can know the details of passenger XX in seat YY. After take off then a seat rearrangement can be arranged.

I saw no mention of that by the cabin crew person. Did the cabin crew person know that?
It could have been weight and balance, or just the fact he swapped all on his own. Whatever it is, the CC’s instructions are lawful.

We also don’t know what preceded that conversation because the video recording only starts from when the CC told the guy he wasn’t going to be allowed to fly. As the video shows he is clearly being belligerent, whatever the cause, and is probably not going to comply with other instructions from the crew inflight.
Old 21st Mar 2023, 11:59

Received 51 Likes on 19 Posts
Friends don't let friends fly Jetstar.
Old 21st Mar 2023, 12:01

Received 169 Likes on 86 Posts
What happens now is there is a massive amount of disrespect for those in authority. Everyone wants to argue with you and think they know better. This situation got totally out of hand because of this. People need to suck it up and follow instructions. It’s the law.
I feel for young Cabin Crew who face this everyday.
The following 7 users liked this post by Capt Fathom:
Old 21st Mar 2023, 12:03

Received 331 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by arkmark
I am DISGUSTED to see jetstar using the AFP to taser a man in Perth who just wanted to be seated with his infant and wife.
I don't care if they are worried about weight and balance, there is NO EXCUSE for separating a father from a new born.
All the dumb arse crew had to do to make it work was a seat swap with another passenger, or be fair and reasonable and re-calculate the W&B.
BUT NO ...... Jetstar megalomaniac crew in their complete lack of experience and professionalism and humanity, decided to call in the dogs and destroy this family with tasers.
Good lesson for all passengers. If you want to get to your destination with minimum fuss, do as instructed. You don't have to like the instructions but you must follow them.

Looks like this chap failed to get his family booked in seating together. Not sure how that is Jetstar's fault. He says on the video "Go and get the police, I will move when they come". So, how is this Jetstar's fault again and in which way is this pathetic or disgusting? I feel for the cabin crew who are simply following the instructions of their company and the regulator but also for the AFP having to deal with yet another individual putting themselves ahead of the collective.
The following 7 users liked this post by Chronic Snoozer:
Old 21st Mar 2023, 12:35

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Rules are Rules, If you don't follow cabin crew directions then you are breaking them. Whether you think it's right or wrong the crew acted within their boundary. It's not a bus, tram or Light rail, you are given a seat which is probably for a safety reason ( weight/balance) then you sit in it.
The following 4 users liked this post by iwanm:
Old 21st Mar 2023, 12:51

Received 349 Likes on 109 Posts

You forgot to mention something about being a sovereign citizen and disregarding authority
Old 21st Mar 2023, 13:21

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Judging from your sensationalist, emotive language and your strategic use of Caps, I have little doubt that you’re a journo looking for some sort of response from an “aviation professional” that you can publish.

”Call in the dogs and destroy the family with tasers”. There’s a job waiting for you as a Republican White House press Secretary.

And FYI, Jetstar (nor any other Airline), have to accomodate ANYONE (see what I did there?).
The Crew acted completely within the powers given to them under the Regulations.

Back to Ambulance chasing for you.

The following 3 users liked this post by Gearupandorrf:
Old 21st Mar 2023, 16:27

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
This is a lose/lose situation for everybody. Yes, of course the CC, Police, Jetstar and Captain were operating within their legal rights.

Jetstar loses because they look like a totally unhelpful, nasty, cheap airline. Marketing fail. Many people swap seats; maybe not before takeoff though.

Cabin crew because the highest form of the CC art is to get people to do your bidding and enjoy it. Qantas CC used to be absolute masters of the game. Jetstar CC are now painted as aggressive little bullies.. They lost the minute they threatened the pax. Professionalism? Fail.

‘’The AFP - they have better things to do than extract idiots from aircraft - they should have been able to get this guy to understand what was going to happen. Professionalism- fail.

The idiot pax. Congratulations! You now potentially have a criminal record and a place reserved on a “no fly” list. You can forget getting a visa for the USA. You now have a traumatised wife and child as well.

‘’There is quite enough mud to splatter everyone.
Old 21st Mar 2023, 17:40
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Fathom
What happens now is there is a massive amount of disrespect for those in authority. Everyone wants to argue with you and think they know better. This situation got totally out of hand because of this. People need to suck it up and follow instructions. It’s the law.
I feel for young Cabin Crew who face this everyday.
It’s the me me me generation. If this guy does end up on a no fly list, how often do buses go from Perth to the Eastern States?
The following 3 users liked this post by SOPS:
Old 21st Mar 2023, 19:20

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Are you seriously telling me that two passengers swapping seats is critical to weight and balance? If so that is not a plane I'd want to fly on!

Perhaps the argument that identifying people by seat numbers after a crash on take off is valid but in reality there will be far more important questions to answer and identifying people by DNA is available anyway so not really a valid argument.

Good PR for the company though. (I identify that as sarcasm as so many people seem to miss it these days!)
The following 3 users liked this post by ChrisVJ:
Old 21st Mar 2023, 19:21

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
In regards to minor operational matters like seat issues, menu problems, luggage fees, overhead bin issues, if the crew give an instruction whether you like it or not, and whether one is more right vs the other, for the love of god just follow what they say.

I had an issue the other month, passengers kicked out of Row 1, yes, ground crew stuffed up as per usual, no surprises there, passengers upset, however my crew gave options, yet they didn’t listen to a single word we said. They just wanted to negotiate. Yes, we screwed them over, but it was now 15 minutes post departure. I told the crew to give them the stay or go ticket. Again wanted to argue. I asked the AFP to remove them for failing to take instructions from my crew. Amazed it didn’t make the news.

The following 4 users liked this post by PoppaJo:
Old 21st Mar 2023, 20:31

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
I believe cabin crew have the ability to swap allocated seats quickly and easily using their Ipad in their hand. I believe they do it all the time for able bodied passengers and it seems so quick and easy.

I have observed this as a passenger a few times.

If it is even swap, then it makes no difference to weight and balance.

I think some just love a good power trip. Thats all it was. They don't care about the people who pay their wages.

Sure it is a regulation that you must comply with instructions from cabin crew, but seems some just love to exercise this right to provoke and kick people out all the time. (From what appears on the news all the time).

Didn't Jetstar have free unallocated seating when they first launched?

I believe certain zones were blocked to keep within balance limits but otherwise sit wherever you want.

Suddenly now its a criminal offence and safety hazard if you swap one row.

Last edited by John Citizen; 21st Mar 2023 at 20:42.
The following users liked this post:
Old 21st Mar 2023, 21:07

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry John "I believe cabin crew have the ability to swap allocated seats quickly and easily using their Ipad in their hand"
Not correct.
The pax manifest held digitally at the departing station is the master doc and is a legal requirement. The crew ipad uploads from that, not in reverse. It serves for identification purposes in the event of "the sh1t really hitting the fan" and feeds into the weight and balance calcs (minor issue here on a 200 odd ton a/c)

The message is simple, do as you are bloody told or put on those Nike's and start walking.
The following users liked this post:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.