Wikiposts
Search
Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Post Covid staff bonuses

Search this Thread

Old 27th May 2023, 22:41

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Post Covid staff bonuses

It has been announced that 100,000 Emirates Airline staff will receive 24 weeks bonus pay this year as a way of keeping them at the airline.
Singapore Airlines followed suit but raised it to 8 .5 months salary as a bonus for eligible staff.
Does anyone here know if Air New Zealand or Qantas or Virgin Australia are looking at staff bonuses to help secure their staff numbers?
Just asking because I’d like a JetSki.
Cheers
The following 2 users liked this post by 73qanda:

Top Answer

29th May 2023, 02:01
Slippery_Pete

Received 338 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by 73qanda
It has been announced that 100,000 Emirates Airline staff will receive 24 weeks bonus pay this year as a way of keeping them at the airline.
Singapore Airlines followed suit but raised it to 8 .5 months salary as a bonus for eligible staff.
Does anyone here know if Air New Zealand or Qantas or Virgin Australia are looking at staff bonuses to help secure their staff numbers?
Cheers
You high?

AJ will never give a 6 month bonus, because they only thing he’s ever been invested in since starting at Qantas is lining his own pockets.

Step 1 - cancel hundreds of new aircraft orders to maximise short term profit
Step 2 - shut down and cost the airline hundreds of millions as an industrial bullying tactic
Step 3 - forget about your core business of flying people safely from A to B and instead use your airline to push political agendas
Step 4 - surround yourself with people who tell you you’re doing a great job, remove anyone who doesn’t
Step 5 - sack ground handlers illegally
Step 6 - attempt to replace your Australian pilots with cheap foreign labor, turn your once safe airline into a series of outsourced and cheap contractors
Step 7 - hire a new CEO internally who won’t come in and criticise what you’ve done
Step 8 - walk out the door just before a monumental CAPEX with horrifically bad fleet age metrics
Step 9 - also walk out the door at the height of the share price with a record profit (which is none of your doing, but simply post-COVID demand related) so all your personal bonuses when you leave are maximised
Step 10 - pocket circa $180m after running the country’s biggest, safest and strongest airline and its staff into the ground to be left a shell of what it once was

So tell me, Qanda, is this the sort of person you think is going to give 6 month staff bonuses even if those same staff went unpaid for two years?

Remember how he came out and trumpeted he was forgoing his bonuses and pay during COVID. Look more carefully at what he actually did, essentially just deferred them all to make it LOOK like he wasn’t raping and pillaging while his staff lost their houses and families.

The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. As an outsider looking in, I don’t understand why you’d even imagine for a second, that this little excuse for a human would be giving out a six month bonus to anyone other than himself.

One day, the piss-weak board members will front an enquiry over why they let this happen.

Meanwhile, maybe stop smoking whatever you’re on.
Old 27th May 2023, 22:52

Received 103 Likes on 23 Posts
Qantas are “maybe if we cook the books right this year” giving a share bonus. When sold at the current price works out to be about 2 weeks SO pay.
Old 27th May 2023, 23:02

Received 677 Likes on 188 Posts
Australian airlines are still smoking their belief that pilots will want to live and work here. Rather than trying to keep staff happy by conceding that it’s the coal face that makes the company function, and sharing the spoils of OUR hard work accordingly, they run with the established dogma. We won’t see much more than a half hearted thanks in the form of some, soon-to-be devaluing shares.
Old 27th May 2023, 23:52

Received 600 Likes on 170 Posts
Plus the Qantas bonus is flat rated for blue collar staff that is they all get the same except of course the elite managers who are rewarded as a % of their grossly over inflated salaries.
The following users liked this post:
Old 28th May 2023, 00:09

To look for something positive in this, at least the bonuses being paid OS will make all of those ex-pats supposedly bursting to come back to the “lucky country” and fly for our national carrier(s), think twice.
The following 3 users liked this post by gordonfvckingramsay:
Old 28th May 2023, 00:30

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by gordonfvckingramsay
To look for something positive in this, at least the bonuses being paid OS will make all of those ex-pats supposedly bursting to come back to the “lucky country” and fly for our national carrier(s), think twice.
One of the joys of the free job market is you dont have to stay at your employer if you dont like it. Lots of well paid jobs going around the world at the moment for those that want them. A good way to see the world when LAX and LHR become a drag.
There is life away from the sheltered workshop if you feel the need.
I dont have any expat friends looking at QF. I think the influx of fellas made redundant after covid is over.
Old 28th May 2023, 00:36

Received 76 Likes on 32 Posts
Don’t you mean “national carrier(s) underpaid subsidiaries”.
Old 28th May 2023, 02:24

Received 351 Likes on 191 Posts
A bonus doesn’t keep people on a job. On the contrary I’ve known people to wait for a bonus, or backpay to appear in their bank account and resign the next day.
Old 28th May 2023, 04:04

Received 207 Likes on 69 Posts
Sadly when we do get a bonus it is 6% of salary multiplied by a customer satisfaction score for which we have NO control over, so our bonus gets reduced due to **** management of OTP factors that we don’t have any sway over,
Old 28th May 2023, 04:59

Received 349 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by 73qanda
Cheers
Sorry bro. No Aussie pilots will be seeing this any time soon. Race to the bottom here.

Old 28th May 2023, 05:04

Received 77 Likes on 34 Posts
Just curious DrDre…whydo you consistently argue the company line ? Are you an actual pilot with a self-loathing problem or just another company shill trolling for profit?
Old 28th May 2023, 06:33

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by soseg
Sorry bro. No Aussie pilots will be seeing this any time soon. Race to the bottom here.

The girl on the front has weird ankles
Just saying
Old 28th May 2023, 06:58

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Australopithecus
Just curious DrDre…whydo you consistently argue the company line ? Are you an actual pilot with a self-loathing problem or just another company shill trolling for profit?
Just "pLaYiNg ThE DeViLs AdVoCaTe Huuurr Duuurr"
Old 28th May 2023, 08:14

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
If you asked for a multi month bonus they would then say the business is now unviable and in terminal decline because of these demands. That is the same card they play each time a new agreement is up for negotiation and the braindead unions here fall for it.

Any executive who suggests to give the good front line staff bonuses or shares without any conditions attached will be sacked. Just like recent agreements, vote it down and you can forget about those bonus or share payments.

What would Sharpie say if his good pilots went to him for small slice of these big flashy unaudited profits he is reporting to the market each month? Just imagine all the conditions he would attach to a 5 dollar bonus.
Old 28th May 2023, 08:48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deano969
The girl on the front has weird ankles
Just saying
Yup, positively disgusting.
Old 28th May 2023, 10:14

Originally Posted by dr dre
A bonus doesn’t keep people on a job. On the contrary I’ve known people to wait for a bonus, or backpay to appear in their bank account and resign the next day.
True. However, the way large companies treat their staff has bred a mercenary mentality amongst said staff. If the company continues to devalue the work put in by the workforce, as they do at every opportunity, the workforce will naturally seek short term gains to recover their T&Cs.

Last edited by gordonfvckingramsay; 28th May 2023 at 15:49.
Old 28th May 2023, 14:30

Received 77 Likes on 34 Posts
As a colleague said today when speaking of our employer's attitude towards us: “You keep treating me as a liability so now I am going to act like one”
The following 3 users liked this post by Australopithecus:
Old 28th May 2023, 21:07

Received 309 Likes on 107 Posts
Exactly what’s happening at the rat. I’d guess fuel carriage has increased by 10-15 % and people are doing what the have to do to improve personal productivity at the expense of QF. Depending on what company you work for that could mean increasing Cost Index to go home earlier or finding a way to delay a flight to increase DTA or fall into a meal allowance bracket.
Old 28th May 2023, 21:22

Received 207 Likes on 69 Posts
From what I see people just go sick to adjust their rosters and not bother with bidding etc. I haven't seen anyone take 'more' fuel but there is no doubt people have lost all sense of loyalty from both sides. A Captain said to me last week 'they treat me like a low cost employee so I act like one'.
Old 28th May 2023, 23:22

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
Better pay back the Australian taxpayers first. Same for Rex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.