Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emirates Application 2022

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Emirates Application 2022

Old 30th Mar 2022, 14:16
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Here
Posts: 51
Congrats. I applied months ago, heard nothing too.
737 4500hrs
777 600 hrs
but only cpl
ThrustAssymComp is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2022, 14:24
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 131
Letís not forget that they are mainly calling FOs back in a form of reverse seniority. Therefore, those who were junior and a little cheaper have been called back first, which puts them ahead on the seniority list when itís time to upgrade. Long time FOs, although on a higher salary, are last in the queue and will be FOs to Captains who joined years after them. Thereíll always be a final twist of the screw from this bunch. They learnt from the best.
Oldaircrew is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2022, 16:58
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Changes
Posts: 218
Originally Posted by T54A View Post
Many many airlines all over the world. Strange question
Those that did rehired the ones they let go and didnít just throw them away like old trash.
Fired600 is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2022, 17:11
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Changes
Posts: 218
Originally Posted by Kennytheking View Post
In 35 years they retrenched pilots once - because of a worldwide pandemic. Lets not act like it is a daily event. Ask your american mates how many times they have been furloughed.
So that’s OK then, lets forget it and the lives they ruined. It’s only once after all. We promise we won’t do it again.
Also lets not forget the multitude of contract changes over the last 15 years.
And as for my mates, those that were furloughed were furloughed in seniority order, not medical state or any other strange reason.

Originally Posted by Kennytheking View Post
I don't have numbers but I suspect that Emirates wasn't the only airline letting staff go.

No many airlines did let pilots go but the vast vast majority, are in line to rejoin and in front of new hires in seniority order with T&C as when they left. Once again if I am wrong please let me know


Originally Posted by Kennytheking View Post
Erm....no. F/O's that were on upgrade when the pandemic hit can look towards the end of the year for upgrade. The first external candidates are currently being interviewed with a prospective start date of October. Until then they are aggressively getting the redundant pilots back. Redundant pilots are returning on the same payscale they left on, so not a single cheaper pilot has been hired.(Caveat, I don't really know what is going on with the Boeing fleet - I talk for Airbus only).
So exactly how many of the hundreds of 777 pilots have they rehired? How many have they even tried to contact to rehire? How many FOs have they rehired and how many Capts.

Upgrading 777 FO’s now who fill the slots of the pilots they trashed and threw away, whilst hiring new FOs to fill the gaps at the bottom that are left. Tell me if that’s not exactly what’s happening and I will stand corrected.

Originally Posted by Kennytheking View Post
By all means express your frustration with the company here, but try and stick to the facts.
I think I have

Last edited by Fired600; 30th Mar 2022 at 17:30.
Fired600 is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2022, 17:26
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Airborne
Posts: 10
So there you go. I'm glad the EK bashing has started again. The management there deserves every bit of it. Continuing to fly to Russia is another example of their mentality. Stay away. Far away
hairpin is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2022, 17:33
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: stuttgart
Posts: 150
Fact is the pre covid pay check does not matter, as all pilots who get to rejoin are on pay step zero, no matter where they had been before. In Europe you would call it fire for contract change, which in the same region is forbidden by locals laws. But thatís not the point as all are coming back on basic salary step 0.
not respecting the position in your career path, for e.g. not respecting a passed command upgrade or not respecting top seniority listed FO with a passed interview and a ready to letter in hands for near future upgrades is simple disrespectful and disgusting and shows simply the value.


Also in the rehire process comparing a former 2 year employee with a 20 year long over his medical expenses is just ridiculous, as live has surprises available and unfortunately for the 20 year long they were happening in DXB on the cost of EK. All that can not be reasonably be valid point to rehire the 2 year long pilot.

A lot of airlines did furlough pilots, but and thatís the large difference, they let rejoin everybody interested in the old position seniority and career schedule. And this is the big big big difference. There is at least somehow respect demonstrated between the hard business needs.
flyTheBigFatLady is offline  
Old 31st Mar 2022, 12:52
  #27 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Vienna
Posts: 95
hairpin Using the term 'wanna bees' sounds condescending... I have heard a lot of stories about a lot of airlines over the world where conditions have gone down over the years. You with your 40 years experience apparently joined when the movie Catch Me If You Can was aired for the first time. Nowadays, the pilots I know, work hard and stepped in to this career knowing that it is not like the movies. But your assumption that all pilots want a glorious lifestyle might be correct, but the glorious lifestyle from nowadays is way different than 40 years ago.

My mentality to this entire thing is that I am here to see if I am able to join a company. Knowing stories from people who have worked, will work or are working there are a valuable contribution to my experience.

Everybody has their reason to want to work in Emirates or leave Emirates, the same way that everybody has their reasons to leave or stay at their current job. Because without knowing anyone's background, assumptions are made that they (the ones requesting information) are taking a jump off a cliff from their current employer. Emirates might have a background of which not everybody agrees upon, but there are a lot of people who apparently do enjoy it.

I started this thread to request information about the assessment and not about why people left and why we should stay away, those stories have come to light over the last 2 years and before that as well. So, if someone is able to shed some light on the assessment, that would be great.

Last edited by MostAnnoying; 31st Mar 2022 at 13:02.
MostAnnoying is offline  
Old 31st Mar 2022, 14:06
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: india
Age: 33
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by MostAnnoying View Post
hairpin Using the term 'wanna bees' sounds condescending... I have heard a lot of stories about a lot of airlines over the world where conditions have gone down over the years. You with your 40 years experience apparently joined when the movie Catch Me If You Can was aired for the first time. Nowadays, the pilots I know, work hard and stepped in to this career knowing that it is not like the movies. But your assumption that all pilots want a glorious lifestyle might be correct, but the glorious lifestyle from nowadays is way different than 40 years ago.

My mentality to this entire thing is that I am here to see if I am able to join a company. Knowing stories from people who have worked, will work or are working there are a valuable contribution to my experience.

Everybody has their reason to want to work in Emirates or leave Emirates, the same way that everybody has their reasons to leave or stay at their current job. Because without knowing anyone's background, assumptions are made that they (the ones requesting information) are taking a jump off a cliff from their current employer. Emirates might have a background of which not everybody agrees upon, but there are a lot of people who apparently do enjoy it.

I started this thread to request information about the assessment and not about why people left and why we should stay away, those stories have come to light over the last 2 years and before that as well. So, if someone is able to shed some light on the assessment, that would be great.
Hi
Congratulations on the call.
I applied about a week back.
They had asked me to submit my documents on their online portal, which I did 2 days back.
Waiting for their reply now.
I Have about 4200TT on 737s. 1400 PIC.

Thanks
devanshubakshi is offline  
Old 31st Mar 2022, 18:40
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 31
Although I agree with you on everything about EK, lets also not be dillusional about EU or UK airlines and think they treated employees fairly during Covid. One or Two of the biggest UK AIRLINES fired pilots not based on seniority but based on fleet where some pilots who had never flown on type but had begun TR were saved whilst others with hundreds of hours were let go Ödue to fleet demands. And now yes being recalled but on worse conditions.

other major EU airlines brought in new contracts with cuts and no changes to original contracts once Covid restrictions ended. So in the end they are all the same, donít forget that! The grass is not greener anywhere anymore. And these things happened in western countries with ďstrongĒ unions ( some
unions that really only served themselves in the end ).

I can GUARANTEE you that if there were no unions in europe or the UK, the outcomes would have been 100x worse. No labour laws would have stopped them. So in my opinion, EK only did what everyone else would or have done.

Originally Posted by Fired600 View Post
So thatís OK then, lets forget it and the lives they ruined. Itís only once after all. We promise we wonít do it again.
Also lets not forget the multitude of contract changes over the last 15 years.
And as for my mates, those that were furloughed were furloughed in seniority order, not medical state or any other strange reason.




No many airlines did let pilots go but the vast vast majority, are in line to rejoin and in front of new hires in seniority order with T&C as when they left. Once again if I am wrong please let me know




So exactly how many of the hundreds of 777 pilots have they rehired? How many have they even tried to contact to rehire? How many FOs have they rehired and how many Capts.

Upgrading 777 FOís now who fill the slots of the pilots they trashed and threw away, whilst hiring new FOs to fill the gaps at the bottom that are left. Tell me if thatís not exactly whatís happening and I will stand corrected.


I think I have


lostinspace89 is offline  
Old 2nd Apr 2022, 20:25
  #30 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: EU
Posts: 16
Hello,

​​​​I slow down the momentum of the thread to ask a different question.

I am about to attend the assessment day in Dubai on May. EK needs a stamped logbook from the chief pilot or fleet manager from the airline I fly for, but i don't want to raise suspicion about leaving my current job until I am absolutely sure that I passed all the assessment stages.

Does anybody know if EK allows for an exception on such a case?

PS: After phycometric and abstract reasoning tests, you will be invited to attend an online interview (mostly TMAAT questions) and if successful you will get an invitation to attend the next stages to Dubai (SIM/compass etc, medical)

Thanks guys
PIKAD is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2022, 00:59
  #31 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Del
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by PIKAD View Post
Hello,

​​​​I slow down the momentum of the thread to ask a different question.

I am about to attend the assessment day in Dubai on May. EK needs a stamped logbook from the chief pilot or fleet manager from the airline I fly for, but i don't want to raise suspicion about leaving my current job until I am absolutely sure that I passed all the assessment stages.

Does anybody know if EK allows for an exception on such a case?

PS: After phycometric and abstract reasoning tests, you will be invited to attend an online interview (mostly TMAAT questions) and if successful you will get an invitation to attend the next stages to Dubai (SIM/compass etc, medical)

Thanks guys
No they donít, if they have asked for it better to clarify with them before proceeding to Dubai for assessment. But most likely they would want to see.
airbuspilot944 is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2022, 03:37
  #32 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4
No response from EK, applied in September for ntr captain position.
status says- submitted.
Congrats to the guys who are called. Does ek pay for ticket and stay or is it self sponsored?
n1hdgToga is offline  
Old 5th Apr 2022, 07:21
  #33 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Australia
Posts: 7
Anyone have a start date with them recently?

Boeing or Airbus ?

Are they prioritising unemployed people or current ones. ? Both?
Bringanotherengine is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2022, 10:58
  #34 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In a pipe in the upstairs water closet
Posts: 296
Originally Posted by Fired600 View Post
So thatís OK then, lets forget it and the lives they ruined. Itís only once after all. We promise we wonít do it again.
Also lets not forget the multitude of contract changes over the last 15 years.
And as for my mates, those that were furloughed were furloughed in seniority order, not medical state or any other strange reason.




No many airlines did let pilots go but the vast vast majority, are in line to rejoin and in front of new hires in seniority order with T&C as when they left. Once again if I am wrong please let me know




So exactly how many of the hundreds of 777 pilots have they rehired? How many have they even tried to contact to rehire? How many FOs have they rehired and how many Capts.

Upgrading 777 FOís now who fill the slots of the pilots they trashed and threw away, whilst hiring new FOs to fill the gaps at the bottom that are left. Tell me if thatís not exactly whatís happening and I will stand corrected.


I think I have
oh FFS Fired, LET. IT. GO. We get it! You were sacked and haven't been called back. I, and many others have said the same thing to you: THEY DON'T WANT YOU BACK!
Callous yes, but I mean really, there has to be a fundamental reason why they havent called you back yet - and I think we're all starting to see the reasons why...
Fuel-Off is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2022, 11:22
  #35 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Changes
Posts: 218
Originally Posted by Fuel-Off View Post
oh FFS Fired, LET. IT. GO. We get it! You were sacked and haven't been called back. I, and many others have said the same thing to you: THEY DON'T WANT YOU BACK!
Callous yes, but I mean really, there has to be a fundamental reason why they havent called you back yet - and I think we're all starting to see the reasons why...
Awww poor luv have I offended your sensibilities in some way? Shame, hard to hear the truth is it? Shame you had to try and make it personal…….Now,Fuel-Off

Last edited by Fired600; 6th Apr 2022 at 12:33.
Fired600 is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2022, 13:15
  #36 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: EU
Posts: 16
They cover travel and hotel expenses
PIKAD is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2022, 19:44
  #37 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: in the sky
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by Fired600 View Post
Awww poor luv have I offended your sensibilities in some way? Shame, hard to hear the truth is it? Shame you had to try and make it personalÖÖ.Now,Fuel-Off
Let me fetch my popcorn 🍿 😂😂😂
paule737 is offline  
Old 7th Apr 2022, 06:16
  #38 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: stuttgart
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by Fuel-Off View Post
oh FFS Fired, LET. IT. GO. We get it! You were sacked and haven't been called back. I, and many others have said the same thing to you: THEY DON'T WANT YOU BACK!
Callous yes, but I mean really, there has to be a fundamental reason why they havent called you back yet - and I think we're all starting to see the reasons why...
so way didnít they many many many others with clean records no sick yet
there is far other concept behind recalls - I guess itís simple a very un logical stupid reason how they sequenced the people they call - itís not about who they like or not (some of them they donít - thatís for sure but not the majority) itís only one stupid argument of the highly capable managers resulting in that chaos - if we find out one day we would laugh your head off wouldnít it so sad.
(a little hint: get hold of a seniority list pre and post Covid and compare it - you will be shocked whatís going on)
flyTheBigFatLady is offline  
Old 14th Apr 2022, 16:36
  #39 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pune
Age: 34
Posts: 3
Request.

Congratulations on making it this far. Wish you all the best.

When did you apply for the position on their website? I have submitted my documents on their portal and the status shows "Application received." Just wondering how long is the wait so that I stop checking my emails too often.

Originally Posted by PIKAD View Post
Hello,

​​​​I slow down the momentum of the thread to ask a different question.

I am about to attend the assessment day in Dubai on May. EK needs a stamped logbook from the chief pilot or fleet manager from the airline I fly for, but i don't want to raise suspicion about leaving my current job until I am absolutely sure that I passed all the assessment stages.

Does anybody know if EK allows for an exception on such a case?

PS: After phycometric and abstract reasoning tests, you will be invited to attend an online interview (mostly TMAAT questions) and if successful you will get an invitation to attend the next stages to Dubai (SIM/compass etc, medical)

Thanks guys
i.love.flying is offline  
Old 14th Apr 2022, 18:59
  #40 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Congo
Posts: 1
MrsTimmyTimmy

Hi,
I have been invited for an interview with EK mid May, F/O 1000 hours frozen ATPL, any info regarding the process?
Thank you
MrsTimmyTimmy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.