Wikiposts
Search
Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

QF Share Price

Search this Thread

Old 4th Jun 2020, 04:21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF Share Price

So we go through ‘transformation’ a few years back and the share price drops to a $1 with the entire fleet in the air. Now the whole fleet is virtually grounded with any meaningful International recovery possibly 12 months away and the share price sales past $4. Thoughts?
Old 4th Jun 2020, 04:47

Smile

There are executive performance bonus’ due to vest soon ?
Old 4th Jun 2020, 05:07

Received 600 Likes on 170 Posts
The buyers are smoking some strong s##t.
Old 4th Jun 2020, 05:33

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Probably a punt on a VA Bankruptcy. If VA pull through and get recapitalised the QF share price will tank and attention will turn to the QF Finances. If VA go broke then QF share price will probably double and AJ will be talking about retirement..
Old 4th Jun 2020, 06:05
rmm

There was a media release today about ramping up domestic operations. Some like from 5% to 15% then onto 40.
Get the punters now before a Virgin product emerges.
Old 4th Jun 2020, 06:32

The Dow is on its way back to February’s record highs despite the US economy in carnage and every major city burning. There is a lot of money sloshing around that has to be put somewhere.

Sharemarket insanity is the rule now, Qantas isn’t the exception.
Old 4th Jun 2020, 06:58

Received 152 Likes on 46 Posts
The ASX200 has already recovered half of what it lost in March. A false peak or a true recovery, only time will tell. The joys of a bear market.
Old 4th Jun 2020, 07:28

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Still some really tough times ahead for Qantas and all airlines but Qantas is a safe bet (Relatively). No matter what happens the government will make sure they survive so it is probably one of the safest bets in the corporate world. I know that is why I bought some!
Old 4th Jun 2020, 09:03

Still some really tough times ahead for Qantas and all airlines but Qantas is a safe bet (Relatively). No matter what happens the government will make sure they survive so it is probably one of the safest bets in the corporate world. I know that is why I bought some!
What makes you think any Australian Government would bail out QF? They have taken a hard line recently on such matters so I don't think QF is "special".
Old 4th Jun 2020, 09:13

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
In short, one word....politics. In more words, the evidence.
VA, foreign owned, Qantas available to fill the void.Leave it to ‘the market ’.luckily Oz hasn’t been as bad as other countries so someone has maybe stepped in...maybe.
Rex, foreign owned, Operations in National party homeland, Qantas not a direct competition. The major beneficiary of government aid to the aviation sector.
If Qantas were to get into severe stress do you think for a moment any politician would want to have the death of the ‘national carrier’ on their hands? If VA had gone under Qantas would have become (and maybe rightly so) a national asset and would have been effectively nationalised just as AirNZ have. Witness the demise of the Virgin NZ operation in the blink of an eye whilst AirNZ have received a number of government guarantees. Exactly what would happen here.
Old 4th Jun 2020, 09:39

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
They have taken a hard line recently on such matters so I don't think QF is "special".
Thats where you are wrong. QF has its own legislation regarding ownership and as such will always have the government as a back up.If you want evidence of that look at what the NZ government has done for AirNZ to keep it going and they are subject to similar regulation. Regardless of who is in power the government only take a hardline on airlines that are not Qantas.
Old 5th Jun 2020, 01:43

Thats where you are wrong. QF has its own legislation regarding ownership and as such will always have the government as a back up.If you want evidence of that look at what the NZ government has done for AirNZ to keep it going and they are subject to similar regulation. Regardless of who is in power the government only take a hardline on airlines that are not Qantas.
Firstly noone is right or wrong as noone knows what the future holds. I would also argue that it would depend who was in government at the time. If Labor were in you are probably more likely to be correct as they want to nationalise everything and hand power over to the ACTU however the Libs tend to be against the government owning anything and have had a history of selling government assets. That in in mind why would any Liberal Government nationalise an airline? If government policy was to have a "National Carrier" why did they sell it off? If QF ever get into real financial difficulty I don't think it will be a good look for any government to pour billions of taxpayer dollars into a public company. It would set a terrible precedent as every business will be in there wanting a handout claiming national interest.
Old 5th Jun 2020, 01:56

Wait until the end of June when they announce the expected job losses. The share price will rise further.
Old 5th Jun 2020, 22:32

Received 199 Likes on 111 Posts
Shares in a monopoly will always increase in value...........
Old 6th Jun 2020, 07:39

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by normanton
Wait until the end of June when they announce the expected job losses. The share price will rise further.
Will be interesting to see how many jobs at the top levels will go,somewhere around zero would be my guess,after all they have been working very hard whilst receving no pay,dont we feel so sorry for them.