Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

united plans on re-opening over 25 international routes

Wikiposts
Search
Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Search this Thread

Old 1st Aug 2020, 02:33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

inc LAX/SYD 3/week from Sept 2020 ish

https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/u...ationship.html

Old 1st Aug 2020, 02:39
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
I think you need to read the complete article.
Old 1st Aug 2020, 02:54

Originally Posted by SOPS
I think you need to read the complete article.
I did. What are you referring to ?

UK is open to something like 70+ countries. No stupid restrictions or silly quarantine.

It's about time our govts including NZ, realise they've gone down wrong path.

You can't close down a state everytime you get a few cases.

Cases don't mean deaths, except in vulnerable.

All this govt support, just creates more welfare dependency. You can see it now. Many sitting on jobkeeper, with a cash gig on side doing better than when working. Madness.

& what does NZ do when they get 1 case ?

Might never ever be any vaccine & can never ever eradicate Corona, we might just have to live with it & find some drugs that help, just like with HIV/AIDS. Adapt - use condoms.

Like after 11 Sep 2001, we adapted. Increased security at airports etc.
Old 1st Aug 2020, 03:38

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BNEA320

St Jacinda appreciates your opinion and will take your advice with a ton of salt .

When NZ gets a new case we send it to SYD or in the most recent case, both of them.

I really should stop feeding the troll shouldn't I.
Old 1st Aug 2020, 04:08
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
46000 deaths in the UK so far ( nearly including the PM)... yep they have got it all worked out.

And BNE.. the bit in the article I was referring to is the little fact that the flights are dependant on borders being open.

If you think that Australia will be open to the world by September ..., 😂😂😂
Old 1st Aug 2020, 04:08

Originally Posted by BNEA320
I did. What are you referring to ?

UK is open to something like 70+ countries. No stupid restrictions or silly quarantine.

You can't close down a state everytime you get a few cases.

Cases don't mean deaths, except in vulnerable.

All this govt support, just creates more welfare dependency. You can see it now. Many sitting on jobkeeper, with a cash gig on side doing better than when working. Madness.

Might never ever be any vaccine & can never ever eradicate Corona, we might just have to live with it & find some drugs that help, just like with HIV/AIDS. Adapt - use condoms.

Like after 11 Sep 2001, we adapted. Increased security at airports etc.
Has it occurred to you that closing our borders is part of that adaption?
Old 1st Aug 2020, 04:29

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts
BNE: what's it going to take before you understand the gravity of the situation.

Victoria has fallen, 50 cases of unknown origin is deeply concerning means, untraceable impossible to contain, short of a total lockdown, expect a mass outbreak.
This means you get your wish, are you happy

Expect containment breach for NSW QLD and SA in the next few weeks.
Victoria's hospitals most likely will collapse within a month, no more help is coming from interstate.
Expect rolling power outages within weeks, particularly SA almost totally dependant on VIC for power supply.
Expect water supply interruptions
We have enough diesel in the country to last 3 weeks, then we'll be using Jet A1 since you won't be needing it.

Last edited by Xeptu; 1st Aug 2020 at 04:42.
Old 1st Aug 2020, 04:37

Received 76 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
BNE: what's it going to take before you understand the gravity of the situation.

Victoria has fallen, 50 cases of unknown origin is deeply concerning means, untraceable impossible to contain, short of a total lockdown, expect a mass outbreak.

Victoria's hospitals most likely will collapse within a month, no more help is coming from interstate.
Expect rolling power outages within weeks, particularly SA almost totally dependant on VIC for power supply.
Wow, talk about fear mongering! Haven’t heard of any such issues with power and water in deeply affected countries like the UK and US (but I may have missed it)

You must work for the media running that sort of fear campaign
Old 1st Aug 2020, 04:43

I guess time will tell, goodluck
Old 1st Aug 2020, 04:54

Originally Posted by currawong
Has it occurred to you that closing our borders is part of that adaption?
& so you think the solution is, we close every state broder for next 10 years or more, when we get a few cases ? That'll work.

Remember, we can't eliminate the virus.
Old 1st Aug 2020, 05:16

Thanks TL
couldnt agree more
wow
Old 1st Aug 2020, 05:51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have enough diesel in the country to last 3 weeks, then we'll be using Jet A1 since you won't be needing it.

SA totally dependant on VIC for power? Where did you hear that? May have been the case a few years ago; however, certainly not now. As for containment breach for NSW, QLD and SA - already happened in NSW and QLD read the news? What makes you think there will be a breach in SA? The borders are closed even for returning South Australians. As for water supply issues - you have got to be kidding. Do you write for the News group of papers?

Last edited by HK144; 1st Aug 2020 at 05:53. Reason: Spelling and punctuation
Old 1st Aug 2020, 05:59

Received 152 Likes on 46 Posts
I find that the best thing to do at the moment, is disconnect from the media regularly. You’re not missing out on anything by not listening to or reading anything for a few days, in fact it will probably do wonders for your mental health instead of constantly being fed doom and gloom. They’re not going to tell you anything new anyway. Your posts have a pretty dark tone to them mate, look after yourself. Constantly focusing on the what ifs isn’t healthy, especially something like coronavirus which is going to be with us for some time to come.
Old 1st Aug 2020, 06:51

The purpose of the post was to see who BNE and his buddies are. The same bored call centre employees with nothing better to do than frequent the social media boards and spruik crap and poo poo anything that's not made in china. Your'e blown,
Old 1st Aug 2020, 07:47

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
The same bored call centre employees with nothing better to do than frequent the social media boards and spruik crap and poo poo anything that's not made in china. Your'e blown,
Thank you.

I was one of those call centre employees "getting travellers ready to take off" or whatever inanity John Lonergan thought of that day. I can tell you I was seldom bored on night shift and didn't feel the need to spread crap or say "Pilots wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for me and my very hard working colleagues"
Old 1st Aug 2020, 08:21

Location: QLD - where drivers are yet to realise that the left lane goes to their destination too.
Received 181 Likes on 75 Posts
nothing better to do than frequent the social media boards and spruik crap
I spy a pot and a kettle having a discussion!
Old 1st Aug 2020, 08:53

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another well thought out post by A320!
Brilliant and so informative (as always)!
Old 1st Aug 2020, 09:32

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Double_Clutch
Another well thought out post by A320!
Brilliant and so informative (as always)!
I wonder where the joker gets information that theres no quarantine in england. There is. Two weeks in self isolation from most countries, not that that worries vast numbers who just ignore it of course!
Old 1st Aug 2020, 09:32

T_L,
you're implying Covid19 is the catalyst for power cuts, we're not having power cuts in the UK because it's maxing at 23c at the moment, not >27C. We don't have the seasonal demand in hot weather that A/C creates, yet.
Water shortages aren't exactly a new problem in Oz but you have to bite the bullet and accept that desal is the way to go,albeit at greater cost; or you can do rain dances all night long hoping that global warming is just a fad.

46k deaths and still rising in UK and 2nd wave definitely starting in Europe; Until folk start taking lockdown's seriously it's not going away - the only thing that will reset the whole equation is a vaccine, UK PLC and most of
Europe can afford to fund a population wide vaccination program, Africa, Asia? That's a different question entirely, especially as the WHO is already woefully underfunded.

Against this background, can't see any normalisation in the near future.
Old 1st Aug 2020, 09:41

ex 'Quoted' BNE article: United Plans on Re-Opening Over 25 International Routes..

Extract (Bolding):

The bold move is predicated on these nations opening up borders to travelers from the United States, despite the increase in COVID-19 cases. According to Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, the United States has over 4.4 million confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus, with over 152,000 deaths. With The Bahamas and the European Union closing borders to American customers, United’s entire strategy bets that flyers and international policy will be ready for travel abroad in two months.
Just- 'WOW', Really.......!!!!!, 60X Days and "Lock and Load".......

Good-Luck!!!!, with That.......... WOW, again.

rgds
S28

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.